Sunday, May 8, 2011

wedding, wedding, wedding

i'm obsessed with pinterest. it's my new favorite thing and i'm keeping all of my wedding inspiration on my pinboard there. it's wonderful!! and a great way for you to stalk all the pretty things i love and that you might get to see at the wedding! :)

so, as some of you may know scott & i had our venues picked out and booked (well, technically we hadn't booked our ceremony site yet, but we knew we were going to). thankfully we didn't book that ceremony site with it's nonrefundable $500 deposit because we've decided we simply can't get married there. we were to marry at mission san francisco solano, in sonoma. we went in there the other day and both just felt creeped out inside the mission. that and the fact that there were two life size, very colorful statues of mary and jesus on the altar. that didn't fly with me. i'm not about to take my wedding pictures with jeezy creezy (anyone a fan of eddie izzard?)
so... now we're trying to find out where to have our ceremony. we have two thoughts: try to find some place in sonoma or scratch that whole plan, cancel our booking with el dorado kitchen (where our reception will be) and do the whole thing up at my brother in law's family home, which is absolutely beautiful. the main problem: it's an april wedding and if it rains there won't be a back up plan. i mean, we can always try to tent everything, but that would be super difficult and WAY over budget (do you know how much people charge for tents? it's ridiculous). i've done my research though, and it hasn't rained on april 28th (in santa rosa at least) since 1970. that being said, it'll probably rain on my wedding day. oh well, it's good luck, right?

3 comments:

  1. First, I just had to say YAY for the wedding planning! I thought I would let you know that I got married at Andrew's parents house. I really think getting married somewhere like that is very special. And it will always be there for you to go to remember the wonderful time that you had. Another thing that I had fun with, was that it is a completely blank slate. It can look exactly how you want it to look, and you get to bring in all the different vendors that you desire, and you dont have to chose from a list that a venue might give you. I love that about planning the wedding at his parents house, every little detail was planned out by the two of us. That is also a hard thing, because you do have to bring in everything separately.........lol And also, you can make tents look so pretty these days! People have tents up for their wedding when it doesnt rain, just thought Id throw that out there. :) Good luck in the plans. I know there are a lot of us recently that have gotten married, and Im sure you have a lot of good references for good vendors. But If I may tell you one thing that I think was the best about my wedding.....was that.....we had a videographer. It is amazing. Keith Wholerts older brother Mike and his wife Christy have their own company: http://www.wvideoproductions.com/videos.html. They did such an amazing job, and id say its something that a wedding cant do without. anyway thats enough from me. :) Happy Mothers Day Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looked at your pinboard and i love it! your day will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya on the creepy factor. I was almost creeped out by our church, and that's sayin something. I like the home wedding idea, too. I feel like if it hasn't rained in forty years, you are pretty safe. If it rains, though everyone can pop umbrellas and make it a rain dance party! People will deal. You are going to make it beautiful no matter where it is, I just know it. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete